Due to current COVID social distancing restrictions our office remains closed for walk-in assistance. Please continue to use the post office, the drop box
on the front of our building or e-mail missieh@oswegony.org. We appreciate your cooperation and patience during these unprecedented times.

Life/Income Changes

In order to request an interim adjustment to your rent portion, you must complete the required income change form and return it with the required documentation as proof of the change before the 3rd Friday of the month. All income and household composition changes must be reported in writing within 10 days of the change. Failure to report an increase in income may require you to repay money to the PHA.

If the family share of the rent is to increase:
The increase generally will be effective on the first of the month following a 30 day notice to the family. If a family fails to report a change within the required time frames, or fails to provide all required information within the required time frames, the increase will be applied retroactively, to the date it would have been effective had the information been provided on a timely basis. The family will be responsible for any overpaid subsidy and may be offered a repayment agreement in accordance with policy.

If the family share of the rent is to decrease:
The decrease will be effective on the first day of the month following the month in which the change was reported and all required documentation was submitted. In cases where the change cannot be verified until after the date the change would have become effective, the change will be made retroactively.

As a result of changes to the Administrative Plan, Household members who are employed may increase their earnings or get an additional job without impacting their current subsidy until the time of their annual re-examination. However, increases in income that are not from employment and any new employment for any previously unemployed household member must be reported. All changes in income still need to be reported.

The following is a list of the required documents needed to process your interim, depending on the type of income change occurring.  Failure to provide this documentation will result in a delay of the interim rent adjustment. Please attach the appropriate documentation to this form, according to what type of income change you are reporting.  Please retain a copy of the fax confirmation, email transmittal, or date stamped receipt of your submitted request for your records.  

Type of Income Change                                Documentation Required

New job                                                           Letter on employer’s letterhead that includes - hire date, rate of pay,                                                                                   hours worked per pay period, or 2 to 4 paystubs

Lost job                                                            Letter on employer’s letterhead stating stop work date
                                                                       Unemployment award letter or unemployment denial letter

Change in welfare benefits                          Benefit statement

Change in Child Support                              Benefit statement
                                                                      Payment history from county (if available)    

Social Security                                                Award letter or benefit statement



Click here for the Income Change Request Form

Personal Declaration Form