Family Size Extremely Low Very Low
1 $15,950.00 $26,550.00
2 $18,200.00 $30,350.00
3 $21,720.00 $34,150.00
4 $26,200.00 $37,900.00
5 $30,680.00 $40,950.00
6 $35,160.00 $44,000.00
7 $39,640.00 $47,000.008 $44,120.00 $50,050.00
In addition to income, an applicant family must:
- Qualify as a family as defined by HUD and the Rental Assistance Program.
- Qualify on the basis of citizenship or the eligible immigrant status of family members.
- Provide social security number information for household members as required.
- Consent to the Rental Assistance Program’s collection and use of family information as provided for in program provided consent forms. The Rental Assistance Program must determine that the current or past behavior of household members does not include activities that are prohibited by HUD or the Rental Assistance Program. All household members 18 years of age and older must consent to a Criminal Background check prior to acceptance into the program.
Currently, the demand for housing assistance in Oswego exceeds our program resources.
This means that qualified applicants are placed onto our waiting list. Wait time to be selected to be on the HCV program will depend on a number of factors and can be anywhere from a few months to over two years. The Rental Assistance Program recognizes the federal preferences for applicants who have been involuntarily displaced, those who have lost their home because of flood or fire, or those who need to move to avoid reprisals (like someone in a witness protection program).
The Rental Assistance Program also has established some local preferences for applicants which include preferences for those who are employed or going to school or participating in welfare-to-work or job training programs, and for applicants who are disabled or elderly.
Applicants who receive one or more of these preferences may move ahead of those with no preferences on the waiting list. Preferences are listed below.
P1 Families below receive equal priority:
- Families with children living in the City of Oswego or hired to work in the City of Oswego where the head of house and.or spouse/cohead are working
- Families living in the City of Oswego where head of house and spouse/cohead, or sole member is
62 or older, or is a person with disabilities
- Families living in the City of Oswego where the head of house or spouse/cohead is a military veteran (head of house or spouse/cohead is active military, naval, or air service and who was discharged or released from such service under conditions other than dishonorable).
- Families living, working, or hired to work in the City of Oswego who are victims or threatened victims of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault or stalking
- Families that were living in the City of Oswego that are now living in a supervised publicly or privately operated homeless shelter within the City of Oswego designated to provide temporary living arrangements (including congregate shelters, transitional housing, and hotels and motels paid for by charitable organizations or by federal, state, or local government programs for low-income individuals); or a family in the City of Oswego that will imminently lose their primary nighttime residence and if all three (3) of the following apply:
• The family's primary nighttime residence will be lost within 14 days of the date of application for homeless assistance; and
• No subsequent residence has been identified; and
• There is a lack of the resources or support networks, e.g., family, friends, faith-based or other social networks needed to obtain other permanent housing.
P2 Families living in the City of Oswego who are elderly families or disabled families or families with children where the head of house and/or spouse/cohead are not working.
P3 Other families living and working or are hired to work in the City of Oswego or families living in the
City of Oswego and enrolled at a minimum 6 credits of education (or is enrolled in a vocational training program)
P4 Other families living in the City of Oswego not working or hired to work in the City of Oswego.
P5 Families not living, working or hired to work in the City of Oswego